Is It Time to Move to a Food Truck POS?
It is extraordinary to create a dish that people will follow you from location to location to enjoy. You’re passionate about the experience of people sampling your cuisine no matter if they are wearing business suits or jeans and tees. Your food truck business is either a startup just getting into the right mode or is an experienced, growing enterprise. In all cases, the right food truck POS is essential.
How Is Your Current System Doing?
Once nothing more than a hot dog cart located next to a courthouse, today’s food truck industry is exploding. Estimates for 2015 peg the industry at a value of $1.2 billion and growing. Whether you’re a successful, professional chef or a mom-and-pop establishment, you know the value and importance of providing your customers with a “wow” experience each time they approach your truck. With this level of competition out there, you need to ensure your food truck experience is seamless. Your food truck POS system is an integral component of that.
Typical Reasons for Upgrading
There are a number of simplistic, entry-level POS tools available today. These point-of-sale systems offer basic functionality to get you open, but they lack the tools and resources to help you to excel, grow your business, develop additional food truck fronts, or analyze your profits and losses. If you are struggling with these limitations, it may be time to upgrade. New food truck POS systems – proven, highly effective, and easy-to-use systems – can provide you with the resources you need to excel including in these areas:
- You do not have to rely on WiFi connectivity. This is a growing problem for many food trucks especially those with a budget. Better connectivity, such as through an Ethernet connection, ensures your customers can pay with credit and you can process orders without delay or downtime common with WiFi.
- Choose an all-inclusive, all-encompassing tool that eliminates what’s costing you time and money such as counting receipts or manually creating reports. Your software can do this work for you without delay.
- Choose the merchant service provider you desire. A key limitation of some POS systems is that they limit who you can work with for operations. The best options offer processing agnostic capabilities.
- You don’t have to spend time and money purchasing iPads and other gear in addition to your food truck POS system. This ensures simplistic setup.
- Gain access to the reports you need including managing customer peak hours, managing customer needs, and achieving balanced inventory and growth. A simplistic tool simply cannot meet these needs and limits your vision and analytical abilities.
If you are using other types of food truck POS systems, and finding yourself limited, unable to grow, or unable to process payments efficiently, now is the time to make a change. You can get that change from iConnect, a more robust and effective system designed to meet your very specific food truck needs without requiring you to spend time behind a desk learning.